
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
(taken from the poem Life’s Brief Candle)
Thanks to literature class for introduce me to this poem before I have the chance to watch Macbeth. It helps me a bit to understand the story. Lots of emotions and feelings that arise inside of me when I’m watching this movie and believe me joyful and happy is not one of them. This movie has a lot of cruel, violent, brutal and merciless scene which always makes me gasping and unsettled stomach. The way all the soldiers celebrate the killings of Macbeth by piercing his head that have been cut off from his body with wood and move it through the air is absolutely barbarous. But that makes this movie is interesting to watch, isn’t that?
I would say that Lady Macbeth is the one who should be blamed and received all the punishment and sentences and not Macbeth himself. Obviously, she is the actual reason why all these things are happened. She keeps persuades Macbeth to kill Duncan, the king of Scotland and transfers all the crime to his servants instead. Only then Macbeth have changed in his attitude and enjoyed with all the killings. The suicide of Lady Macbeth surely serves her right with all her evil deeds.
One who could not thought that the meaning of the prophecy saying that Macbeth cannot be killed by any man born of woman is actually suggests he can be killed by a baby boy who is not born by actual delivery but by Caesarean section (a baby born before actual time by taking it from the mother’s womb). Of course, during that time, this term is not existed yet. Macbeth is finally been killed by Macduff who apparently the man who is not a born of woman.
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
(taken from the poem Life’s Brief Candle)
Thanks to literature class for introduce me to this poem before I have the chance to watch Macbeth. It helps me a bit to understand the story. Lots of emotions and feelings that arise inside of me when I’m watching this movie and believe me joyful and happy is not one of them. This movie has a lot of cruel, violent, brutal and merciless scene which always makes me gasping and unsettled stomach. The way all the soldiers celebrate the killings of Macbeth by piercing his head that have been cut off from his body with wood and move it through the air is absolutely barbarous. But that makes this movie is interesting to watch, isn’t that?
I would say that Lady Macbeth is the one who should be blamed and received all the punishment and sentences and not Macbeth himself. Obviously, she is the actual reason why all these things are happened. She keeps persuades Macbeth to kill Duncan, the king of Scotland and transfers all the crime to his servants instead. Only then Macbeth have changed in his attitude and enjoyed with all the killings. The suicide of Lady Macbeth surely serves her right with all her evil deeds.
One who could not thought that the meaning of the prophecy saying that Macbeth cannot be killed by any man born of woman is actually suggests he can be killed by a baby boy who is not born by actual delivery but by Caesarean section (a baby born before actual time by taking it from the mother’s womb). Of course, during that time, this term is not existed yet. Macbeth is finally been killed by Macduff who apparently the man who is not a born of woman.
2 comments:
I strongly agree with you that the movie “Macbeth” consists a lot of violent and and cruel actions. However it is the part that I remember most. Best of all, if people talk about the movie, that scene comes first in my mind.
The scene or part that captured my interest most is when Macbeth’s head had been cut off from his body and the soldiers piercing his body to celebrate their won. Although I felt want to vomit when watch the scene but it is the part that I say above that I still can remember most till now.
I felt the same way with you that Lady macbeth is the person who make Macbeth became a cruel when he bacame a king. She is the person who shpuld be blame when Macbeth killed the Scorland’s king.
If I have an opportunity I want to watch the movie again because I had miss some parts due to the perosn who sat in front of me is taller than me so she distruct a little bit my view during watching.
Hi, i totally agree that this movie is really a movie with lots of cruelty, violence,brutal and merciless scenes.i really felt uncomfortable watching the play. I felt so thrilled when i saw the scene of the soldiers torturing the women. Another scene that remained vividly in my thought was the scene when the soldiers pierce Macbeth's chopped head and sway it in the air. That was so scary!!!
I think Macbeth's wife should not persuade Macbeth to kill King Duncan. Yes, i agree that a wife should support her husband, but not in this wrong way. And i think Macbeth should not be so "blind" to follow his wife's suggestion.This wrong decision-making makes him lost everything in the end.
Post a Comment